Taylor Swift Explains Why She's Ditched Spotify

*

Taylor Swift Explains Why She's Ditched Spotify


Earlier this week, something awful happened: it became the case that you can't hear Taylor Swift on Spotify anymore. Gasp. Now, the the singer-songwriter has explained why.


Of course, she may have already alluded to it in her lyrics, but it does no harm to hear her actual reasoning. From Yahoo Music:



[M]usic is changing so quickly, and the landscape of the music industry itself is changing so quickly, that everything new, like Spotify, all feels to me a bit like a grand experiment. And I'm not willing to contribute my life's work to an experiment that I don't feel fairly compensates the writers, producers, artists, and creators of this music...


I try to stay really open-minded about things, because I do think it's important to be a part of progress. But I think it's really still up for debate whether this is actual progress, or whether this is taking the word "music" out of the music industry. Also, a lot of people were suggesting to me that I try putting new music on Spotify with "Shake It Off," and so I was open-minded about it. I thought, "I will try this; I'll see how it feels." It didn't feel right to me. I felt like I was saying to my fans, "If you create music someday, if you create a painting someday, someone can just walk into a museum, take it off the wall, rip off a corner off it, and it's theirs now and they don't have to pay for it."



So, better by her CD then. [Yahoo Music]


*



from Gizmodo http://ift.tt/1u5EVnF

via http://ift.tt/1u5EVnF
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment