Accessory printing - the ultimate customization for your Android

*



Making your own smartphone and tablet accessories with a 3D Printer opens you up to a whole new world of possibilities.



It's late, something like 2 a.m., and everyone in the house has almost simultaneously discovered the need for tacos. I hop into the passenger seat, throw my phone into the cupholder, and off we go. On the way back from this random taco run, a deer wanders out into the road and my friend slams on his brakes. Everyone's fine, but my phone has flown out of the cupholder and is now sliding around on the floor of the car just out of reach. Shortly after recovering the phone, I decide that an actual mount for my phone needs to happen. Rather than head to my usual retail site, I went to Thingiverse and took a quick look at what other folks have made already that fits this need. I see something that interests me, send the file to the 3D Printer in my office, and when I wake up the next morning my new car dock is ready to be used.


This completely true story got me thinking about all of the possibilities that open up when you decide to just print your own accessories. While there are some serious caveats to what is actually possible here, the experience is impressive all the same.



















*



from Android Central - Android Forums - News - Reviews - Help and Android Wallpapers http://ift.tt/1EipHiT

via http://ift.tt/1EipHiT
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment