I played a multiplayer FPS game in VR, and it was fantastic

*

Smartphone games need to start thinking about VR right now if they don't want to get left behind.

I'm standing in the middle of an arena with a rifle of some description in my hand, and while the arena itself was not unlike the hundreds of others I've seen in multiplayer FPS games throughout my life, seeing this particular arena through VR goggles made it special. My crosshair moved as my head moved, and I could look around and see in ways that would never work if I were just playing this game on the phone currently powering this experience.

I ran up a ramp and discovered a grenade launcher, and as soon as my character finished switching to it a red blip appeared on my HUD. Turning my head to the left revealed the hallway my opponent was entering to find me, and a pair of grenades down that enclosed space made it real clear I could see them. Because I was able to quickly tilt my head up and adjust the trajectory of the third grenade, the woman standing arms reach from me cried out as her character crumpled to the ground and put another point in my killstreak.

The hardware that made this possible is IONVR, and while it's not quite ready for public consumption the ideas driving the team responsible for this demo are impressive.



from Android Central - Android Forums - News - Reviews - Help and Android Wallpapers http://ift.tt/1Mmf2Lz
via IFTTT
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment