The coming smart-thing apocalypse

*

Newest Innovations In Consumer Technology On Display At 2014 International CES

Bad Password is a hacking and security column by Violet Blue. Every week she'll be exploring the trendy new cyberhysteria, the state of the infosec community and the ever-eroding thing that used to be called "privacy." Bad Password cuts through the greed, fearmongering and jargon with expertise, a friendly voice and a little levelheaded perspective.

Like some people I know familiar with the ins and outs of digital surveillance (and startle like housecats when an app makes a geolocation request) I don't own any "smart" home items. My 1913 flat is well-connected to the internet, and my living room is a hacker's honeycomb hideout of entertainment playthings, but I'm far too pleased with my paranoia to own something from the class of spyware and advertising honeypottery known as the Internet of Things.



from Engadget http://ift.tt/1KIwUZy
via IFTTT
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment